Monday, December 12, 2011

I had better put my game face on, shit just got REAL.

This is Baby Hively. The next great mind to grace the planet (sound like a parent already, HA). Current stage is 8 weeks exactly or roughly 1.64cm. Some people use fruit to describe the size of the little one, I am going to try to use science... Damn! 1.64cm is already too big for the microbiological terms I had anticipated using. So I guess Baby Hively is a raspberry...

During our ultrasound, which by the way does NOT look fun, we were able to hear the heartbeat. a healthy 171bpm (beats per minute). Obviously once this was announced, the baby's sex speculation began. I guess urban legend would suggest heart rates about 140bpm and greater are typically female?? That's the word on the street, whether that is true or not, only time and modern imaging technology will tell.

The excitement level was immense when we saw and heard the hearbeat. But let me tell you, while she was scanning for brothers and sisters, my untrained eye thought it was multiple babies when in reality it was just one baby. The thought of multiple babies damn near gave me heart palpitations and felt three shades whiter.

All in all everything looked normal according to staff. Our new due date is July 23rd. Seems like a long way away and I am already anxious to see our baby for the first time!

Due Date Countdown: 223 DAYS

No comments:

Post a Comment