Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I guess we need some filler? (not the Taco Bell meat ingredient..)

Daddy what did you want to be when you grew up?? Truth be told.... I had no earthly idea. Sure there was the astronaut phase (elementary school), but sad reality that aerospace engineering required TONS of math. Historically my math performance has been unsatisfactory, FOREVER. So that was removed at an early age. Military was next. Ever since I was a little tike, I wanted to be in the military like my Dad. Did all the right things, just couldn't get past the weight thing. It wasn't that I had difficulty losing weight, the problem was that I did not even try. So my laziness ruled that option out. What is left?


Nothing. the next closest thing I could come up with was during orientation at Valdosta State University. During orientation, everyone split up in to their prospective major. This created copious quantities of anxiety for me. The anxiety was completely related to my dumbass not being prepared for even college orientation. So I flashed back back to high school. What class did I like? The only thing truly enjoyed about high school (class-wise) was biology and anatomy taught by an awesome dude by the name of Mr. Miller. Back to orientation. I hear, "biology and pre-med folks follow me!" That statement alone was enough to catch my fancy. The rest is history.

Ok. So obviously the pre-med thing didn't work out, HA! If it did, this blog might be called From Physician to Daddy or some garbage like that. The end result is a piece of paper. An expensive one (wouldn't have been expensive if I would have got decent grades). What am I going to do with this piece of paper? Then the realization hit and it hit HARD. I don't know what to do now.

At no point did I think I was going to be a health inspector. But I'll be damned... I found something that I like WITH MY DEGREE!!!!!!! It has done wonders for my confidence and people skills. My co-workers are awesome and hilarious. I still have goals (ie: Master of Public Health, Registered EHS, county manager one day, etc). Public health is a fascinating field. It's multifaceted. I enjoy learning many new things at all times. Scary part, I am a government official........... uh what??

That's enough rambling for today. Plus, if I spill all the beans on the job, I am going to be hurting for posts later down the road.

Countdown to Due Date: 222 DAYS

No comments:

Post a Comment