Sunday, January 1, 2012

Is it possible to be ready?

When I asked Amanda if she was ready for having our child, her response was no (mine too).Then I thought to myself, is it even possible to be ready to bring a child in to the world? In my opinion, it's not possible.

The reasoning behind my thoughts would be summed up in to one word... VARIABLES. there are too many unknowns and variables to be 100% ready. More than likely you'll be as ready as you personally can be. That will have to be good enough for your 100% because no matter what, that baby is coming.

At work, while I am still learning new areas, I am 100% ready to go out and do my next pool, tourist or septic inspection. I have all the tools and forms I need. I have my credentials that give my title relevancy and my handy pen/notepad combo. I also have my specific 'tools' relevant to each task I would be completing (pool test kit, measuring wheel, flashlight, etc). My code manuals give me guidance and recommendations. But there's no code manual for having a baby. You have to use whatever knowledge you have been given and create your own code manual. Again, this is all assumptions and thoughts. This because I have not done this before. I am a baby rookie. Hell, being a rookie would suggest it is my first year in parenthood. So I am like a college kid hoping to get drafted. Drafted in to the National Parenthood League (NPL). Ok I am taking that little bit way too far.

I am blogging in dad's truck on the way to Jacksonville for the Gator Bowl and my first Ohio State game. happy new years everyone, it's the year of the BABY. Hahaha



Due date countdown: 204 DAYS



No comments:

Post a Comment