Thursday, January 12, 2012

The New Year

Okay. I am getting bad with keeping this thing updated. It's been 11 days since my last post and some things have happened. They include:

Ohio State was beaten by the Gators...... Again :-(
An argument occurred about diapers
Our 12 week check-up
And finally a non-scheduled doctor visit

The festivities surrounding the 2012 Gator Bowl were amazing. First, we listened to TBDBITL (The Best Damn Band In The Land) play Hang On Sloopy, Carmen Ohio and Across the Field at a pep rally. While at the pep rally we got to see Brutus, Big Nut (A crazy awesome fan guy who has hundreds on buckeyes around his neck and a Scarlett and grey wig) and the Buckeye cowboy guy (he wore an Ohio State towel as a cape.... HA!). At the game we got to see the best half time show in the world, a.k.a. Dotting The I in Script Ohio. So to sum up the experience, it was AWESOME!! The game was not.

We got in to an argument about diapers in the middle of Target. I was trying to explain that our child, will not be small enough for newborn diapers (Up to 10lbs, maybe for a week). I suggested that we will need to stock up on 1's (8-14lbs) because we're going to have a hefty baby. Just like I was (9lbs 12ozs). I do feel sorry for Amanda for having bear such a child, but I had to brace her for the inevitable. I do think she may be in denial. And yes I do feel bad for creating such a proposed beast.. Oh yeah, I totally won that argument!!! I never win!!

Our 12 week checkup was good but started off rocky. The tech could not find the heartbeat which caused Amanda brain-melting anxiety especially since we then had to wait 20 minutes for the doctor to try. It took everything I had to keep her from losing her cool (kept her laughing) and I was successful. Doc took about five minutes to find it too. 153 beats per minute which will still suggest a little girl!

We had to go back two days later because of several bouts dizziness, dizziness induced nausea and vomiting. The midwife suggested a low blood sugar issue which spawned us purchasing a glucose meter. Who would have guessed? When Amanda checked her blood sugar and getting a 64mg/dl (LOW for pregnant women, kinda low for average folks). All other subsequent times were also low (except one time). So we'll see what the doctor says about the low blood sugar tomorrow when we call. This post is getting way to long so that is it for the night. GOODNIGHT!!


Baby Hively ETA: 193 DAYS

No comments:

Post a Comment