Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Deep thoughts, reflections, or whatever.

The first 365 days of marriage have gone and passed. It has has its ups and downs. Ups include finding out we will become parents when our sweet Zoey Jane arrives in July, successfully completing our first year of marriage (apparently this is a difficult task to complete with our generation), bought our first home, and being even more madly in love with my beautiful wife and mama-to-be. The downs included several ER visits for both of us, insurance headaches, Amanda's stressful job and a tough pregnancy. I know the end of the pregnancy is near and couldn't be more happy. I can not wait to shift stress from our current issues to whether or not we will sleep regularly with the little one at home. May seem ridiculous to you but I am ready for said shift.

If I can recall correctly, my last blog was before we moved in to our new house. We are all settled in, nursery is painted, baby furniture assembled and all her clothes are hung on tiny little hangers. I am very pleased with how my lawn has filled in and is becoming more lush, especially with the torrential downpours we have received her recently. Only thing now to complete the yard will be a shed and a fence. Patience is tough but it will all work out in the end.

I have decided that I want to be more healthy when the baby arrives. I have discovered a new diet developed by one talented septic inspector that has been relatively easy and has had promising results so far (its been three days, lol). Nonetheless, its working and I am accompanying said diet with running while using the Ease in to 5K app by Bluefin Apps. I have run a total of 9.85 miles within the last two and a half weeks. Might not seem like a lot to you but for me, its pretty impressive. It helps me realize that I have the power to change and am willing to do so. My goal is to be under 300lbs before Zoey gets here. Small step in a long race but it has to be done in order to be around to watch my baby girl grow up. I will keep y'all posted on my progress as I continue on. Maybe said septic inspector will write a book about his diet and I can share it to the world. As for now, we will stick with a due date countdown to wrap it up.

Countdown to our sweet Zoey Jane's arrival = a short 47 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment